I like to think that eating spinach makes me healthy. It is probably a by product of being raised during the Popeye years!
These appetizers are a bit like mini pizzas and have a good helping of vegetables included which lowers the guilt factor considerably!
Thaw a package of frozen spinach and drain it really well. The draining really is key as nobody likes a soggy crust!
In a bowl, mix together the spinach, 1/2 cup diced red pepper, 1/4 cup purple onion, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. basil, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. thyme, and a bit of lemon zest.
It will look like this:
If you are looking for other appetizer ideas, you might want to follow us on Pinterest where you can find a ton of delicious bites.
- 10 oz package of chopped frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- lemon zest
- package of mini pita rounds
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Thaw and drain the spinach well.
- Mix together all ingredients except the pitas.
- Spoon the spinach mixture onto the pita rounds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.