Apparently I am on a mission to see if I can bacon wrap the world! This particular recipe idea came about when I was thinking about the flavours of chili chicken and how well asparagus and chicken pair together. Wrapping it all in bacon was an easy thought since everything is better wrapped in bacon!
Start by cubing the chicken. Wash the asparagus and cut two or three inch pieces using the tips only. (I set aside the rest of the asparagus to make goat cheese asparagus risotto.) Slice almost all the way through each chicken cube, placing an asparagus tip in each. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Roll each chicken cube in half a slice of bacon and place on a metal baking sheet. I find that metal sheets work best to crisp bacon.
Brush the tops and sides with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and pop them in the oven until the bacon and chicken are cooked.
Serve with extra Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping. This appetizer is so easy to make but it looks quite impressive and did I mention that it is wrapped in bacon?!
Looking for more fun appetizer ideas? Subscribe to my delicious email updates.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 bacon slices halved
- 24 asparagus tips
- salt and pepper
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cube the chicken into 24 pieces.
- Wash and cute the tips off the asparagus.
- Slice almost all the way through the chicken cubes and place an asparagus tip in each.
- Wrap in half a slice of bacon.
- Brush tops and sides with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Bake on metal sheet for 35-40 minutes, until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping.