Last year, we went on a double date with our neighbours Christie and Scott. The restaurant we went to had a special seasonal appetizer menu that included a bruschetta trio which we ordered. We had a wonderful time sitting out on the patio, sipping drinks, visiting, laughing, and of course, eating. All of us agreed that the spinach artichoke bruschetta was by far the best of the trio. Since the menu was only seasonal, they are no longer offered. One day, I was really craving those spinach artichoke bruschettas, so I decided to see if I could come up with my own version.
The first attempt at making these myself went pretty well. The basic flavours were there, but the bruschetta didn’t quite taste the same as they had at the restaurant. Christie’s suggestion was “more garlic, more salt”. That’s her suggestion for a lot of recipes (!), but this time, it really did the trick!
Spinach Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe:
Slice a baguette and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together:
2 cups chopped, fresh spinach
1 cup drained artichokes from a jar, coarsely chopped
1/4 to 1/3 cup asiago cheese, grated
4-6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (the amount you use depends on how much you love garlic)
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 tsp. salt
Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture onto baguette slices. Note that if you would like to make the mixture up a day ahead, you can cover it and store it in the fridge and then spoon it onto the baguette slices the day of serving. I love this make-ahead option for party planning as I like to get as much as I can done the day before.
Bake in 350° oven for 5-7 minutes.
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup artichokes from a jar, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, mix everything together.
- Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture onto baguette slices.
- Bake in 350° oven for 5-7 minutes.
- You can make the spinach and artichoke mixture a day ahead and store in the fridge in an airtight container until almost ready to serve and then spoon onto baguette slices and bake.
You may also enjoy these amazing appies:
Appies in your inbox.
Subscribe to get monthly easy and delicious appetizer ideas.