- pkg. imitation crab meat (227g)
- block of cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. seafood cocktail sauce (I use the spicy variety)
- mini pita pockets or crispy shells
- green onions for garnish
- Cut up the imitation crab meat.
- Mix in a softened block of cream cheese.
- Stir in the seafood cocktail sauce.
- Spoon this mixture into pita pockets or crispy shells.
- If desired, garnish with green onion slices.
White mini pita pockets wouldn’t exactly make an appealing picture, so I decided to make them in store bought shells for the purpose of getting a decent photo. I prefer them in the pita pockets, but you could always make some of each and decide which are your favourite!
You can make the filling for these easy seafood appetizers ahead of time and keep in the fridge until just before serving and then stuff the shells. Just mix together one softened brick of cream cheese with 1 package of imitation crab meat (pollock) that’s been shredded or cut into small bits. Stir in 3 Tbsp. of seafood cocktail sauce (I like the spicy variety) and your filling is made.
Scoop the filling either into mini pitas or into crispy shells. Garnish with green onion slices.
If using the crispy shells, they need to be served immediately or they will get soggy.
If you decide to make these using mini pita pockets instead, they can be made ahead and you don’t necessarily need to add the green onions. The pita pockets keep well in the fridge for several days and I have been known to snack on them for breakfast when we have them around!
Looking for other easy appetizer recipes? Subscribe to my delicious email updates.
Appies in your inbox.
Subscribe to get monthly easy and delicious appetizer ideas.