These simple little pinwheels are quick to whip up. The sweetness of the cream cheese and sugar pair nicely with the spiciness of the jalapeños and saltiness of the bacon.
Use one package of refrigerator croissant dough. Break it in two and place each rectangle down on a baking sheet. Press the seams together or use a small roller to smooth the seams.
Mix together one brick of softened cream cheese, one or two slices of crumble cooked bacon, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, and 1/2 a diced jalapeño. If you want these to be less spicy, you can remove the seeds from the jalapeño. I am a fan of spicy food, so I always keep the seeds in.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the rectangles of dough. Roll the rectangles on the long side and then slice into pieces about one inch wide.
Be sure to leave a bit of space in between the pieces as they will spread as they cook. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden and serve.
Looking for more easy appetizer ideas? Subscribe to my delicious email updates.
Appies in your inbox.
Subscribe to get monthly easy and delicious appetizer ideas.
- tube of refrigerator croissant rolls
- package of cream cheese
- 1-2 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Separate the croissant dough in two and create two rectangles, smoothing out the seams.
- Mix together one softened block of cream cheese, the sugar, crumbled cooked bacon, and jalapeño.
- Roll both from the long side.
- Slice the rolls into pieces about one inch wide.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden.